Near our charming boutique hotel in the city center of Bordeaux, you will have a large number of stores: luxury boutiques, grocery stores, local artisans , etc. A few meters from La Cour Carrée, you will find clothing stores such as Paule Ka (750 m), Sonia Rykiel (230 m) and Wolford (150 m), luxury boutiques like Hermès (250 m), Cartier (170 m), Dinh Van (190 m) and Louis Vuitton (300 m), but also theshopping center “Marché des Grands Hommes” (350 m).
In the center of Bordeaux
A situation of choice
By choosing La Cour Carrée, you will stay in the heart of the city of Bordeaux, a city of Art and History. We are located in the Golden Triangle, between the Place Gambetta, the Allées de Tourny and the Place des Grands Hommes. theaters, restaurants, museumsand shops are just a few steps away. Thanks to public transport, located nearby, you can easily reach all the points of interest in the town.
The city is a jewel of majestic 18th century architecture. To discover this exceptional architecture, we invite you to pass by the Grand Théâtre and the Place de la Bourse. To immerse yourself in the medieval era, don't miss the discovery of theSaint-André Cathedraland thePey-Berland Tower. The“Port de la Lune” districtis classified as a world heritage site by UNESCO, it is also a must.
To find out all the best addresses and good local deals, go to reception where we will share all our secrets with you.
Go shopping in Bordeaux Shops
Explore the city The monuments
We have listed some of the city's most unmissable monuments. Visit them:
- Grand Théâtre: 750 m away, 9 minutes walk from the hotel
- Bordeaux Auditorium: 200 m away, just a 2-minute walk
- Cours de l’Intendance: 450 m apart, 5 minutes walk
- Allées de Tourny: 500 m apart, 7 minutes walk
- Place des Quinconces: 750 m away, 9 minutes walk
- Cathedral/Place Pey Berland/Town Hall: 800 m apart, 10 minutes walk
- Place de la Bourse/Miroir d’Eau: 1.2 km away, 15 minutes walk
- St Pierre district: 1.2 km away, 15 minutes walk
Immerse yourself in the city’s history Museums
The city of Bordeaux is known for being home to a large number of museums which will take you into another era, introduce you to a new form of art or teach you more about history from the city. We advise you to discover the Museum of Contemporary Art (1.3 km), the Museum of Fine Arts (750 m), the Galerie des Beaux -Arts (700 m), the Museum of Decorative Arts and Design (550 m), the Cité du Vin (3.5 km), the Museum of Aquitaine (1.2 km), the Museum of Bordeaux (650 m), the Museum Marine (3.9 km ) and many others.
Enjoy Bordeaux culinary specialties Restaurants and bars
To help you discover all the specialties of the region, we recommend a few restaurants near our establishment:
- Le Regallien: French and healthy cuisine (220 m)
- Le Cromagnon: contemporary setting offering homemade cuisine (130 m)
- La Brasserie Clémenceau: restaurant open 24/7 serving traditional cuisine (240 m)
- La Brasserie Bordelaise: specialties from the South-West (900 m)
- Julien Cruège: warm place with bistronomic cuisine (1.4 km)
- Tentazioni: Michelin-starred restaurant (160 m)
- Le Chapon Fin: Michelin-starred gourmet cuisine (300 m)
Discover wine tourism Oenology
Bordeaux and its region are renowned throughout the world for producing exceptional wines. Discover the major wine regionsaround Bordeaux: Wines of Bordeaux Métropole; Blaye and Bourg; Saint-Emilion, Pomerol and Fronsac; Between two seas ; Graves and Sauternes; Medoc. We regularly collaborate with companies specializing in wine tourism: Bordovino and Bordeaux Wine Trails.
Have fun in Bordeaux The events
The year in Bordeaux and its surroundings is punctuated by numerous events, where Bordelais and tourists come together in a friendly and joyful atmosphere:
- Wine Festival: June 22 to 25, 2023
- Emerging Week: April 2023
- Christmas Market: December 2023
- Market day: every day of the week, a district of Bordeaux comes alive to host a market
- Rugby World Cup : Bordeaux is host to the 2023 Rugby World Cup, like 10 other municipalities
- Rugby and Football matches : the Union Bordeaux-Bègles and the Girondins de Bordeaux train and offer matches in Bordeaux
- Arkéa Arena : concerts and shows all year round. The next unmissable dates are: Messmer, Gojira, Stromae, M, Florence Foresti, Starmania, Hans Zimmer, BigFlo and Oli, Soprano, Lord of the Rings, ...
For further Area
From La Cour Carrée, you will also be ideally positioned to explore the entire region. Leave by car and explore exceptional places such as the Arcachon Basin, the Dune du Pilat, the village of Saint-Emilion, the ocean beaches, Cap-Ferret and many others.